You can’t keep cleaning the walls and floor tiles every day and surely you can’t stop someone from taking a shower. And every weekend or on house tiles cleaning day, you want to make sure that every nook and cranny of your house, including the bathroom, is squeaky clean. So the big question is, how should you clean shower tiles without having to work too hard at it. How about you read the rest of the article and we let you know about the proper steps. I thought you’d like it.Clean Ceramic Shower TilesWhen you are left with soap scum on your ceramic shower tiles, it can be a nightmare to remove them. You really don’t want to spend hours scrubbing at the floor and are searching for shortcuts for soap scum removal. So to help you take the easy road and get those tiles spotless, here are some tips to clean shower tiles in your bathroom.
- Gather the items – hang gloves, scrubbing mosaic brush, spray bottle, vinegar, bucket, warm water, dishwashing detergent, lemon oil, baking soda, and cleaning towels. Once you have all these items ready, go to the next step.
- First we try the old-fashioned method. In a small bucket, mix warm water with ¼ cup of dishwashing detergent; mix it properly.
- Wear hand gloves, dip scrubbing brush in this mix, and start scrubbing the tiles properly.
- Once you have scrubbed everywhere, let the tiles dry completely. After this time, use more hot water to rinse the tiles and wipe with cleaning rags.
- If there is mildew on the tiles, make a mix of baking soda and vinegar. Use a sponge or scrubbing brush to remove mildew and soap scum off the tiles.
- Leave the mixture to dry completely and then use warm water to rinse the tiles. Wipe the tiles clean with rags.
- If you often find soap scum in the shower, then spray shower wall tiles with lemon oil. This will prevent soap scum from sticking to the tiles. Also, don’t apply the oil on the bottom of the shower as it might make the floor slippery.
Clean Rock Shower TilesMany homeowners like to experiment with different styles and designs for their bathrooms. And out of the many choices, installing rock shower tiles is one of them. As these tiles come in neutral colors, they have a rustic feel and look which can be pretty tough to maintain. But nonetheless, you can clean these tiles with the steps mentioned below.