The airport is about 35km from the city center and not near any TTC stations. This makes it difficult for anyone arriving at the airport to reach the city center or any part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Tips are provided here on how to plan and book your transportation from airport and to airport. It is key to make sure your trip is as smooth and easy as possible at as much less cost as airport taxi toronto possible.
There are possible 3 ways of leaving the Pearson International Airport to reach your toronto airport taxi destination:
1. Rent a car – Many car rental agencies are at the airport so even if you haven’t booked you can book after arriving at the airport. The drive to downtown is quite easy and the route is quite straightforward but once you reach downtown it is a bit complicated and over congested. To find a street in downtown that will allow you to drive in the direction you want to go is not that easy and so you might find yourself driving around for a while. If you know the city (not necessarily too well) it can take from 30 minutes to over 1 hour (in rush hour).
2. Taxi – Contrary to the belief that taxi generally is an expensive option, you will be pleasantly surprised in Toronto. Many Taxi can service companies have flat rates from airport or to airport services. A ride from Toronto Pearson airport to downtown will today (February 2010) cost a fixed 40 CAD or 50 CAD (normal or limo). Obviously this is the most convenient way to reach your destination in Toronto and will take from 20 minutes (at night, no traffic) to 1 hour or more during rush hour.
3. Airport shuttle – At Pearson International Airport a shuttle service operates every 20-30 minutes that will stop at 8 hotels in downtown. You might not be booked in one of these but you take the service and walk to your destination. However, please check with the information booth if you decide to take the service. Price is 15.50 per person. Journey time is from 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the time you are traveling and the hotel you need to go to.
Tips on how to book taxi from Toronto Pearson International Airport –
1. If you want to get the best deal and not pay unnecessary extra money, then check online. Many companies offer good rates from airport to downtown and to most of the destinations in Toronto and GTA.
2. Whichever company you decide to go with, make sure the communication is clear and time and dates confirmed.